Monday, October 29, 2012

My Internet Connection is Giving Me Insomnia


And this is my problem. Although, neither my internet connection nor my insomnia have made me blog any more frequently. I have been hard at work, however!!

The basement project is coming along great! Almost all the surplus stuff (ie. dolls and records) are gone, the bathroom is about to be painted and I bought a couch and loveseat. Would anyone like a piano? I have one to get rid of!! I seem to be working with a mostly grey theme, with different accent colours in each room. I found this picture and it has been my main source of inspiration. That, and peacocks, which I'm a bit obsessed with.


Moving day is in about 32 days (yikes!) and it seems like more and more stuff if finding its way into my room. Mom and I worked on the craft room tonight (list item #12) and as a result MY craft stuff is now scattered all over the upstairs, largely crowded into my ever-shrinking room. Mom traded me a bookshelf for a small dresser, so my poor books are now stuck in drawers. I'm having a hard time turning around in here and I kind of feel like I'm taking crazy pills, but I just keep reminding myself that this will all be over in a month!

This was our starting point.

Remnants of my sister and a hodge podge of craziness.




























Hooray for progress! Moved the furniture around.

I swear this is an improvement.


And here are my now homeless craft supplies.


My mother's basket collection.





















































Two dressers together looks weird to me.




















  And now, for something horribly exciting. I have completed list item #11! I honestly had my doubts about this one. I never imagined I would complete it so quickly and I definitely didn't expect to find it for $5.99 at Value Village, but I have achieved the impossible. I have found my piece of yellow clothing! It's just a long sleeved t-shirt, and it could probably stand to be a bit bigger, but maybe if I start my yoga it won't be so tight :-)

Love my sunshiney shirt!!


I'm really hoping that soon I will be able to cross off 2 more items, when we finish the craft room and the basement, but as of now, 3 months into the Valancy Stirling Project I have completed 3 items. Only 26 more to go!!







1 comment:

  1. Now that I've seen that picture of gray stuff your palette seems less like death and more...I don't know...kitschy?

    ReplyDelete