Saturday, June 15, 2013

1000 Words

They say a picture tells a thousand words. I think that's true.

The day I completed list item number 22, Have Professional Photos Taken of Myself was a great day. It was one of those days that just seemed to run really smoothly, things going just the way I wanted. I woke up feeling well rested, before the alarm and had time to wake up slowly. My banana was delicious and I didn't overcook my hard-boiled eggs. I didn't get lost in a black hole in the shower like I usually do and kept it under 10 minutes long. My makeup stayed put, my hair cooperated and I got to my appointment early.

Probably the biggest factor that made the whole process feel so comfortable and, in my opinion, successful, was my choice of photographer. I don't normally use people's names in my blog, but I have to give credit where it belongs. I honestly don't think this list item would have turned out as well as it did without my amazing photographer, Kayla Roy of Picturesque Photography. I'm friends with Kayla's sister, and I've seen and loved her work since I met her in September, so when I started to plan actually doing this item, it wasn't much of a decision as to who I would choose to take the pictures. You'll see for yourself here soon just how fantastic her work is.

So here are my pictures! I won't put them all here, but these are my favourites.



































































































































































As I Ieft the studio I felt great, apart from a desperate and unexplained craving for a peanut butter sandwich (I confess to eating 2 when I got home).

My pictures DO say a thousand words. They say I'm happy and healthy. I feel pretty in them, confident and proud of who I've become.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment