Saturday, October 24, 2015

Decisions, Decisions

And so, it's time to begin. There are a lot of big ticket items on my list this year. In fact, it makes me feel a bit overwhelmed when I think about getting them all done. Part of me wants to jump right in and try to do everything at once, but if there's anything I've learned through my work, it's that it's sometimes best to pick one or two things to focus on at a time. Once those are solid, move on to another. I think quite a few of these list items will require me to draw from all the amazing behavioural techniques I've learned at work. Here's hoping they work as well for me as they do for my munchkins!


I took a look at the list and thought about the motivation for each item, and that helped me focus on the ones I should start with. The Jays game will have to wait, especially since they (devastatingly) lost the ALCS last night. I'm extremely proud of them none the less. But I digress. The turducken and fencing will wait, I need to do some MAJOR prep before I'm ready for a 10K, I still have a few more pounds to go before I make the 3 items of clothing, and I need to figure out exactly HOW I'm going to do the one week tech free. I think the sushi will come soon, but it won't take as much mental fortitude as the items I think I should start now. 


So that leaves not picking my cuticles, reading more, getting up in the morning, improving my housekeeping skills and going on a non-internet date. As I've already said, I'm not in a place right now where I want to start looking for dates. I'm actually pretty happy with the way that aspect of my life is going right now, and I'm not interested in changing it at the moment. My housekeeping would probably improve if I wasn't so tired all the time, and my cuticles, well, that definitely needs to change, but that'll take some very serious reinforcement/punishment to shape. So that leaves 2, which actually go hand in hand. The first list item(s) I'm going to tackle is 10. Get better at getting out of bed in the morning, and along with it (because it will help calm me at night), 11. Read for at least 30 mins 5 times a week. I found a really interesting article on how to make getting out of bed in the morning easier, which I will attempt to follow and will post when I manage to complete it. I start Monday. You'll hear all about it in 21 days...




No comments:

Post a Comment